Wherever you live – and whatever your circumstances – there are easy ways for you to get involved and to help with our work. There’s a need and a role for everyone. Here are just some of them:
- Keep In Touch:You can keep in touch with Brain Tumour Action in many ways. Joining our mailing list means that you’ll be among the first to hear about new initiatives, you will receive our regular newsletter, KITE and an invitation to our AGMs in Edinburgh.
- You can also 'Like' us on Facebook and keep up to date with Fundraising Campaigns, New Research, Events and more: www.facebook.com/BrainTumourAction
- Donations Without donations we cannot continue with our work to support patients, carers, families, NHS professionals and researchers. Brain Tumour Action is not funded by any other organisation. Therefore we rely entirely upon the good will and generosity of our volunteers and supporters . The easiest way to donate is through the website “Just Giving” which helpfully does all the work for you – and us! Just Giving can also add Gift Aid to your donation, and is entirely safe and secure. Just click the Just Giving link below
You may of course, prefer to send a cheque to our address at the bottom of this page. If you are a UK tax payer please could you complete and send us the Gift Aid Declaration below. That way we will benefit even more. To add Gift Aid to your donation, and to any future donations, please click here Thank you so much in advance for your donation. You really can make a difference to someone else’s life and we are so grateful for your contribution.
- Raising Funds: You’d be surprised how easy it is to combine a fun activity with a worthwhile cause. You can cycle, run, abseil, bake, host a coffee morning, organise a disco or play outlandish games, among many different ways to raise funds, using our sponsorship form here We have the resources to help you including leaflets, cans, T-shirts, badges, pens and more. Don’t forget to tell us about your plans and send us some photos so we can share what you’re doing on our website.
- Raise Funds for Brain Tumour Action When You Shop Online Easyfundraising is a shopping directory listing some of your favourite online stores, including Argos, Next, Amazon, Debenhams, John Lewis, Toys R Us, HMV and over 2000 others. Whenever you shop with any one of them using the links provided on the Easyfundraising site, you’ll generate a free donation for us of up to 15% of the purchase price! It really is that simple!
It’s completely FREE to register and you won’t pay a penny more for your shopping when you use the easyfundraising site. In fact you can even SAVE MONEY as many retailers give discounts, special offers and even ‘e-vouchers’ exclusive to Easyfundraising. You can shop for holidays, flights, electronics, mobile phones, computing equipment, food, wine, pet supplies, finance, insurance and much more – and every purchase you make will raise funds for us at absolutely no cost to you! All you need to do is register for free at http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/bta and have fun shopping.
- Raise Funds for Brain Tumour Action When You Search Online: Do you use the Web? Did you know you could be raising funds for Brain Tumour Action with easysearch, the search engine with a difference? When you use easysearch instead of Google or any other search engine, you’ll raise funds for us with every click you make. It’s completely free: If you make just 10 searches a day, you could raise around £20 a year for BTA, just by using easysearch. Simply search for what you want and raise funds for us as well – it couldn’t be easier. What’s more, easysearch is a ’super’ search engine that combines the strengths of several search providers together – Yahoo!, Ask.com, Bing and many more, so you’ll find what you’re looking for quickly and easily every time. It is such a simple way to raise funds for us so please set our unique easysearch page – http://bta.easysearch.org.uk – as your homepage and start surfing! Ask your family and friends to support us too.
- Children With Cancer: 'Like' us on Facebook and keep up to date with Fundraising campaigns, new Research, Events and more: www.facebook.com/BrainTumourAction. You can also visit Action: Medical Research for Children to find out more about their funding and research
- Become a BTA Advocate: From advocating online, distributing flyers, displaying posters, emailing politicians or the local press, to holding awareness-raising events in their area, BTA Advocates volunteer their time and effort to inform people about brain tumours and the urgent need for action.