This page contains a list of organisations with web pages which might be helpful to brain tumour patients and their carers. The links have been organised into groups according to their type and relevance. These links may take you to external web sites, so please use the ‘back’ button to return to the BTA web site.
Brain Tumour Information & Support
- Scottish Adult Neuro-Oncology Network
- American Brain Tumor Association
- The Brain Tumour Charity
- Contact a Family
- Brain Tumour Information from the BBC
- British Acoustic Neuroma Association (BANA)
Have been in existence for 13 years helping people affected by acoustic neuroma
- Astro Fund The mission of Astro Fund is to provide a focus for the worldwide low-grade brain tumour community by offering a source of information, inspiration, connections and hope.
- IBTA The International Brain Tumour Association
Paediatric Brain Tumours Information & Support
- Children With Cancer: To find out more about funding and research in the UK, you can visit Action: Medical Research for Children.
- Now What? – a site for children whose parents or siblings have cancer.
- CLIC Sargent – Caring for Children with Cancer
- Ali’s Dream
- Children’s Brain Tumour Research Centre – East Midlands
- Desmoplastic Infantile Ganglioglioma
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation of the United States
- Brain Tumours in Children Toolkit
General Cancer Sites
- University of Pennsylvania Cancer Centre
- Kimmel Cancer Centre
- Cancer Education
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Cancer BACUP
- North West Primary Care Cancer Services
Other Charities & Support Services
- Brain Tumour Research and Support across Yorkshire
- Brain Tumour Research Campaign – London
- Brain Tumour Research
- Brainwaves – Northern Ireland
- Brain Tumour Support
- Cancer Research Institute
- Jessie’s Fund
- Net Doctor
- Specialist Consultants – UK
- Health education Board for Scotland
- NHS 24 (Scotland)
- NHS Direct On-Line (England & Wales)
- able2travel – provides a caring and sensitive travel insurance solution for all travellers, including those with a medical condition.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- http://www.thegoodcaregroup.com/live-in-care/scotland, The Good Care Group is a Live In Care provider awarded “Outstanding” by the CQC in September 2016.